‘Big Flat’, Upper Rouchel Road, Upper Rouchel NSW 2336. Alternative Farm Income Potential.
Potential through the development of alternative agricultural and non-agricultural enterprises.
David Carter Property & Livestock is pleased to present to market, ‘Big Flat’. Located in the highly regarded Upper Rouchel district of NSW and neighbouring the untouched natural beauty of the world-famous Barrington Tops National Park. ‘Big Flat’ comprises four Lots totally 202.34 Ha (500 Ac) of predominately pristine timbered hill country, with stands of mature native hardwood timber as well as lighter stands of timbered to open grazing areas. A large open central plateau offers great building, (STCA) or camping sites with fantastic viewpoints to the surrounding natural beauty in every direction.
• Uses/Potential Income Sources: This ‘off the grid’ multi-use property offers a range of activities including timber harvesting or onsite sawn timber production using your own portable sawmill, eco-tourism, carbon offset potential, four-wheel driving, camping, hunting, motor bike riding, bushwalking/exploring, mountain biking or just getting away from it all. ‘Big Flat’ is the complete country experience simply awaiting you and your family. The great escape for nature lovers to enjoy the serenity that comes with this secluded and private property.
• Timber Production: ‘Big Flat’ has been selectively logged in its past and there remains good stands of millable timber on the property which could be selectively harvested under a Private Native Forestry Plan (to be established by the new purchasers). An existing plan with the current owners is currently in place allowing selective logging on the property. Established relationships with timber mills and timber cutters are also in place.
• Eco-Tourism/Wilderness Cabins: Being located on the very doorstep of Barrington Tops National Park; the most extensive strip of diverse natural rainforest anywhere on earth, lends itself perfectly to establishing your own ‘off the grid’ wilderness cabins (STCA). There is a resurgence of people wanting to spend time in simple spaces in nature, being able to disconnect from the nine-to-five and just unplug by retreating to a tiny cabin in the bush.
• Country, Water and Driving: Natural springs provide water to the property at some points, with some feeding paddock dams. There are numerous 4×4 vehicle trails throughout, helping you to traverse the property with relative ease. Fencing ranges from fair to good in sections across the property. Chocolate/red basalt soils predominate.
• Privacy: ‘Big Flat’ offers its guests the luxury of total privacy, coupled with spectacular views of the nearby Barrington Tops and picturesque Upper Rouchel Valley. Scattered among the tall timbers there are pockets of natural rainforest vegetation and diverse abundant wildlife, including at times deer.
• Topography Access/Egress: You will need a dedicated 4-wheel drive vehicle to access and drive through this property. It is a hill block in a mountain area with plateaus and shelf country, typical of this location. Be prepared with driving up and down to access and drive through the property.
• Rainfall: Average rainfall quoted to be between (965mm-1016mm), 38 – 40 inches per annum. (Bureau of Meteorology).
• Location: ‘Big Flat’ is located approximately, 1 hour from Australia’s Horse Capital, Scone, 1 hour from Muswellbrook, 4 hours to Sydney and 2.5 hours from Newcastle.
‘Big Flat’ is your ultimate rural escape and lends itself to a number of rewarding rural pursuits. Its many attributes, its close proximity to the services of Scone/Muswellbrook coupled with the outstanding natural beauty of the Upper Hunter make it a must to inspect.
For Sale by Expression of Interest (EOI). Buyers are invited to submit their best and final offer in writing by 4.00 pm of Monday 31 January 2022.
For further information and to arrange your inspection, contact your exclusive selling agent David Carter (0438 453 172) from David Carter Property & Livestock Scone.
Disclaimer: Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement from sources, we believe to be reliable; we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations in order to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.
"Thank you for viewing this property, I look forward to speaking with you."
This property was listed by David Carter Property & Livestock. Call David today to arrange your personal inspection.
Tel: 0438 453 172