- Date added: 03/02/21
- Post Updated: 2022-02-17 00:09:08
- Area: 16.19 hectares
- Status: Sold
- Sold: Sold
‘Yarrunga’ is a hidden rural gem set amid 40 acres (16.19ha) of open grazing country, coupled with areas of mature Ironbark native timber gently rising to the East. It is located in the coveted and tightly held Dry Creek Valley area of outstanding natural beauty with just short 15 min drive from Scone in the beautiful Upper Hunter Region of NSW.
- Nestled in the arms of the magnificent Wingen Maid escarpment, as it provides a stunning portraiture back drop, Yarrunga now stands waiting to be discovered by its next forever home buyer or astute investor who can write the next chapter of its history.
- Situated adjacent to some of the Upper Hunters most prominent Thoroughbred horse studs, this private tranquil rural retreat could be your sanctuary away from the rigours of day-to-day life and beckons its guests like an old friend as you make your way along the neatly built gravel driveway to the well-appointed family home which commands sweeping views across the Dry Creek Valley.
- At its heart sits a true family home, with a landscape painting framed through every window. You enter through the cool full-length enclosed front veranda with ornamental grapes draped across its facade. Inside, it has either 4 x bedrooms or 3 x bedrooms and an office. A well-appointed kitchen/dining room area with a cosy slow combustion fireplace which flows through to a generously proportioned open plan formal dining – family living room, with open fire place at one end. As you make you way along the central hallway you reach the main bathroom and adjoining bedrooms with a second smaller bathroom at the end.
- Beautifully curated mature gardens and an abundant fruit tree orchard not only generously complement its home, they provide a private peaceful setting where the inside and the outside become one.
- Rainfall is approx. 650mm per annum.
- ‘Yarrunga’ is well watered, having multiple reliable water sources on hand. This consists of a 5 ML (Megalitre) stock & domestic water allocation licence to Dry Creek which is drawn from a fully equipped well. There is approximately 140,000 of stored rainwater across a series of four concrete water tanks, attached to or nearby the house with an electric pressure pump equipped. Further to this there is a spring fed farm dam nearby the house.
- Fenced into four watered paddocks, which consists mainly of hinged joint wire and steel post construction, together with two barded wires on top. This is generally in sound stock proof condition.
- Working Improvements include a 12m x 8m three bay galvanised equipment shed with steel work benches and a concrete floor as well as a number of smaller outbuildings. There is also a carport area attached to one end of this shed which currently houses the tractor, which could be included in the purchase, along with its, slasher, blade and roller attachments.
‘Yarrunga’ is currently carrying a generous body of native grasses and lends itself to a number of rewarding rural lifestyles opportunities. Its many attributes and its close proximity to the services of Scone and the Upper Hunter make it a must to inspect.
For further information contact your exclusive selling agent David Carter (0438 453 172) from David Carter Property & Livestock Scone.
"Thank you for viewing this property, I look forward to speaking with you."
This property was listed by David Carter Property & Livestock. Call David today to arrange your personal inspection.
Tel: 0438 453 172