David Carter Property & Livestock is pleased to present to market, ‘Blairmore’. Currently managed as a highly versatile prime lucerne hay production enterprise set amid 27.15 Ha (68 Acres approx.) of pristine river flats; being strategically located on the banks of the renowned Hunter River at Aberdeen NSW in the heart of the Upper Hunter Valley.
- This exceptional opportunity offers potential purchasers’ exposure to immediate cashflow in its current configuration and further allows the ability to scale their business using a raft of opportunities available to water-conscious investors.
- ‘Blairmore’ leverages its strategic location with frontage to both the New England Highway and Blairmore Lane which allows for vehicles up too B-Double sized configuration access for loading or unloading purposes. It’s all about the location here!
- Country: Featuring well drained deep alluvial soils ideal for any agricultural, horticultural, or equine pursuit. Approximately 95% of the property is arable and is currently fully developed as a prime lucerne production enterprise. This premium quality Hunter River country simply offers dynamic long term production capabilities no matter which way you choose to operate.
- Water: An outstanding feature of Blairmore is its 560 metres of frontage to the Hunter River which is generously complimented with a 100 mega-litre General Security Hunter River water access licence (WAL), to which irrigators below Glenbawn Dam currently have a 100 per cent allocation. Stock and domestic water is also available via a well adjacent the homestead.
Irrigation capacity is facilitated through a well-developed underground mains system and delivered by the way of two centre pivot irrigators which can cover approximately 95% of the property. Irrigation of the remaining 5% is currently completed using a travelling irrigator.
- Working Improvements include a 21m x 18m x 5m steel framed hay shed in good condition.
- The Homestead set overlooking the river presents as a work in progress. This charming and historically significant two storey ‘Blairmore’ homestead (circa 1830s) boasts six bedrooms, formal dining and lounge rooms, sunlit study, high ceilings, wide wrap around verandas and a two-bay car garage. Although not currently habitable, it presents as a unique restoration project in line with its rich historical features.
- ‘Blairmore’ is conveniently located approximately, 8min from Australia’s Horse Capital Scone, 15min from Muswellbrook, 3hr to Sydney and under 2hr from Newcastle.
Rainfall is approx. 650mm per annum. (Bureau of Meteorology).
- All fencing is currently in excellent condition.
The Upper Hunter Region boasts excellent infrastructure, quality health and community services, education and a variety of sporting and cultural activities. Aberdeen offers an affordable and relaxed place to live where residents enjoy a quality rural lifestyle packed full of beauty and history. Combine this with the peace and charm of this appealing country village and you have an attractive place to do business.
Aberdeen is amply serviced by local food stores, doctor’s surgery, pharmacy, primary and secondary schools, accommodation places, newsagency, bakery, two pubs, two clubs, service stations and a Post Office. One of the best freshwater fishing spots in NSW is Lake Glenbawn located only a short drive from Aberdeen.
Properties of this calibre are highly sought after for their high production capabilities, deep rich alluvial soils, high water security, central location and rural lifestyle. This sale offers an exceptional opportunity to buy into a district surrounded by world class Thoroughbred Horse studs. The offering represents a rare opportunity for an investor to acquire prime irrigation land and water entitlements in a region renowned for its long history of prime fodder production, beef or lamb production and Thoroughbred horse breeding. Close neighbours of the property include the well-known Godolphin, Kia-Ora and Vinery Thoroughbred Horse studs, and ‘Blairmore’, now for sale lends itself to similar usage, or as a Thoroughbred stud fodder source. Its many attributes and its close proximity to the services of Scone and the Upper Hunter make it a must to inspect.
For further information contact your exclusive selling agent David Carter (0438 453 172) from David Carter Property & Livestock Scone.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations
"Thank you for viewing this property, I look forward to speaking with you."
This property was listed by David Carter Property & Livestock. Call David today to arrange your personal inspection.
Tel: 0438 453 172